Terms & Conditions
Freedom2explore – Terms & Conditions
www.freedom2explore.com (the Site) is operated by Freedom2explore Limited a company registered in England (Freedom2explore, we, us and our).
Use of the Site is on the terms contained in this document (Terms & Conditions). If you do not agree to these Terms & Conditions, stop using the Site immediately. By accessing and using this Site you are indicating your acceptance to be bound by these Terms & Conditions. They are a legal agreement between you and us and can only be amended with our consent. They should be read in conjunction with any details provided on the Site about how the Site operates and the services which are available.
We reserve the right to change these Terms & Conditions from time to time without prior notice by changing them on the Site.
These Terms & Conditions form the basis for your Freedom2explore membership. They govern your rights and duties during your use of the Site. Please read the following carefully and remember that your use of www.freedom2explore.com is subject to these Terms as well as our Community Guidelines.
1. The Use of Your Data
Freedom2explore collects, saves and uses your data for the purposes of the provision of this offer only.
If Freedom2explore should want to use your data for other purposes, this will only take place with your prior agreement (consent). If saving your data should no longer be required, e.g. if you end your membership, all of your personal data will be deleted.
This App is using location data, which your device provides with the Location Service API. The data is only used to display Places in your surroundings. The location Data is not stored or forwarded.
2. Freedom2explore Membership
- Membership of Freedom2explore is free of charge.
- Anyone who is aged 16 years of age or over can be a Freedom2explore member.
- As a Freedom2explore member you gain access to Freedom2explore, an interactive listing platform, which allows you to submit content in accordance with these Terms & Conditions.
- Your Freedom2explore membership starts with our email confirming your registration.
- When you register, you are obliged to provide Freedom2explore with correct and complete information about your identity. This data always has to be up-to-date during your membership and you are responsible for informing us of any changes to such details.
- Your Freedom2explore membership is personal to you and cannot be transferred to another person.
- Only one Freedom2explore membership is authorised per person.
- Freedom2explore reserves the right to impose temporary limits on the Freedom2explore service to carry out maintenance work and further developments.
3. User Name
You are able to freely select your user name. The user name that you chose must not, however, contravene current UK law, these Terms & Conditions or moral and ethical standards. The following limits apply:
When choosing their user names, members must not -
- a) use the name of another member;
- b) use a name which is protected by copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights;
- c) use a name which might contravene the rights of any individual person or corporate body;
- d) use a name which might provoke or harm other members, e.g. vulgar, provocative or offensive user names; or
- e) use a name which contains codes that identify the member with an organisation that is of an extremist nature, even if the coded meaning of the user name is not immediately recognisable to outsiders.
As the owner of a user name, you are responsible for all content which is published under your user name.
4. User Image
As a member, in addition to your user name, you may display a picture by way of identification. When choosing their user image, members must not...
- a) use the image of another person;
- b) use an image which is protected by copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights;
- c) use any user images which are vulgar, provocative or offensive as these may upset or offend other members; or
- d) use an image that violates or could violate the rights of other natural or legal persons.
5. Duty of Care Pertaining to User Data
You are responsible for all content which is published under your user name. If you become a member you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your user name. You should take all necessary steps to ensure that the password you use to access the Site is kept confidential and secure.
If you allow any non-member to use your user name, you agree to bring these Terms & Conditions to the attention of such non-member and to monitor their activities while using your user name.
6. Posting of Content
As a Freedom2explore member, you have a wide range of different possibilities for participating in the Site and for the setting and placing of content.
Please also note that the placing and setting of the following content on the Site is not permitted:
- a) content that is racist, pornographic, obscene, offensive, vulgar or invasive of privacy; content that glorifies or downplays violence, or content which contravenes moral and ethical standards;
- b) content which impairs or endangers the development or upbringing of children or young people, or which contravene human dignity or other valued legally protected interests;
- c) content which is able to incite other persons into criminal actions or other actions which contravene moral and ethical standards;
- d) abusive or offensive statements;
- e) threats to other members, service providers or third parties;
- f) defamatory criticism, slander, offensive statements, lies or incorrect information;
- g) content which contravenes the intellectual property rights or confidentiality of third parties;
- h) copied content over which you have no rights;
- i) content which presents a security risk, for instance, computer viruses or “spam”;
- j) links to web sites with content that contravene current legislation, is inappropriate to young people, or is otherwise inappropriate;
- k) names, addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses with the exception of those pertaining to the user's personal profile; or
- l) unauthorised advertising of a particular thing, such as discount campaigns or sales in the form of events.
As a Freedom2explore member you are authorised to write reviews. In addition to the restrictions above, the following rules apply to the reviews:
- a) content must pertain to the service provider / event which is to be reviewed;
- b) content must correspond with reality;
- c) content must be factual and accurate;
- d) only places, services or events may be reviewed which are possible to experience;
- e) negative reviews are permitted but they must be expressed in terms of fact;
- f) no derogatory terminology may be used;
- g) content which has been initiated by service providers/company owners (including employees) themselves are only permitted as self-expression and must be clearly indicated as such;
- h) persons who are either related to or are a co-worker of a service provider may only evaluate the corresponding company if they publicise this relationship.
- i) the stating of email addresses, URLs or telephone numbers for advertising purposes is not allowed;
- j) straightforward advertisements (concealed or open) are not permitted without our written permission;
- k) rumours, content based upon rumour, or the unconfirmed statements of other persons are not permitted;
- l) any branch of a company may only be stated as a location on Freedom2explore once;
- m) content must comply with any guidelines issues or made available to you from us; and
- n) content may not contain personal data other than that provided as part of the member’s profile.
Freedom2explore reserves the right to remove or edit any content at any time without notice or explanation.
7. Accuracy and Defamation
We make no representation or warranty that any information on the Site is accurate, complete or up-to-date and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, we accept no liability for any loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on such information by you or anyone to whom you communicate such information.
We operate on a notice and takedown basis. If you believe that any content on the Site contains a defamatory statement, please notify us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org . Once this procedure has been followed we will use reasonable endeavours to remove the defamatory content complained about within a reasonable time.
You acknowledge that we do not always monitor content submitted by members, but that Freedom2explore shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to refuse or remove any content that is available via the Site. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with the use of any content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such content (in relation to which Freedom2explore cannot and does not provide any guarantees).
8. Accessing the Site
We cannot guarantee that the Site will operate continuously or without interruptions or be error-free. You must not attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site and, in particular, you must not attempt to circumvent security, tamper with, hack into, or otherwise disrupt the Site or any computer system, server, router or any other internet-connected device.
We reserve the right to change the Site or any part of it at any time without prior notice. We may suspend access to the Site in order to implement any updates or changes.
We reserve the right to impose limitations on access to the whole or part of the Site at any time without prior notice.
We reserve the right to withdraw the Site from use and terminate your rights under these Terms & Conditions immediately at any time.
9. Intellectual Property Rights
All content on this Site including but not limited to text, software, graphics are protected by copyright. We, or our licensors, own copyright and/or database rights in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of such content, as well as in the original content. Except as expressly set out in these Terms & Conditions, nothing in these Terms & Conditions shall give you any rights in respect of any intellectual property owned by us or our licensors. You shall not assert or attempt to obtain any such rights and you shall not use, copy, reproduce, modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works from, or in any way exploit, our name, trade marks, logos or other proprietary marks or any of the content of this Site, in whole or in part, except as provided in these Terms & Conditions.
You may download information from the Site for your own personal non-commercial use only. Except as otherwise expressly permitted under copyright law, no copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication or commercial exploitation of downloaded material will be permitted without our express permission and that of the copyright owner. In the event of any permitted copying, redistribution or publication of copyright material, no changes in or deletion of author attribution, trade mark legend or copyright notice shall be made. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading copyright material.
“Freedom2explore” and certain of our other logos or brand names on this Site are trade marks of or are licensed to Freedom2explore Ltd or its group companies and may not be reproduced without our express permission unless otherwise permitted under these Terms & Conditions. Other organisations and company names referred to on this Site may be trade marks of their respective owners as indicated.
10. User Rights of Freedom2explore
When posting content and/or with the placing of your photo on the Site, with regard to this content, you give Freedom2explore the non-exclusive and fully sub-licensable right, unlimited by either time or region, to use the content and the photo along with the user name which you have chosen.
In regard to any content you submit to the Site, you agree that the rights you grant under these Terms & Conditions are irrevocable during the entire period of protection of your intellectual property rights associated with such content and material. You also agree to waive your right to be identified as the author of such content and to perform all further acts necessary to perfect any of rights granted under these Terms & Conditions, including the execution of deeds and documents at our request.
You agree to be found in a member search using criteria such as sex, age and other public profile information that you have supplied to Freedom2explore, unless you specifically disallow this in your account's privacy options.
Freedom2explore does not have to pay you any fee for the granting of the user rights described here.
You warrant that:
- you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post;
- to the extent that content includes photographs or other visual images, you warrant that you have obtained the consent of the subject of such photograph or other visual image (or in the case of persons under the age of 18 their parent or guardian);
- use of the content will not cause injury to any person or entity; and
- the content is not defamatory.
You agree to indemnify us and our affiliates for all claims brought by a third party against us or our affiliates arising out of or in connection with a breach by you of the warranties referenced above.
11. General Conditions of Use
You undertake to Freedom2explore to make use of the Site in a lawful manner. This means that you are only permitted to use the Site in such a way or for such purposes that they do not contravene these Terms & Conditions, the current laws of the UK, or the rights of third parties.
12. Ending / Cancellation of your Freedom2explore Membership
You are permitted to cancel your membership of Freedom2explore at any time without having to provide or comply with a period of notice. Freedom2explore is authorised to cancel your Freedom2explore membership at any time without having to provide or comply with a period of notice.
Freedom2explore is authorised to cancel your Freedom2explore membership with immediate effect if you contravene these Terms & Conditions. If Freedom2explore does cancel your membership without notice due to contravention of these Terms & Conditions, then you can only re-register at the Site with the express permission of Freedom2explore. Freedom2explore members are not authorised to allow former Freedom2explore members whose Freedom2explore membership has been cancelled without Freedom2explore’s prior written permission to use the Site.
After deletion of your user account, Freedom2explore reserves the right to keep and use any content which you have previously posted on the Site, such as reviews, business listings, events, comments, etc. This content might be shown without the user name and be displayed as content by a deleted user.
If you are a business owner, the cancellation of your Freedom2explore membership does not include the deletion of your business listing from our site.
13. Liability, Indemnity
Although it is our intention that this Site will be of interest to users, we accept no liability and offer no warranties or conditions in relation to this Site or its content, to the fullest extent such liability can be excluded by law.
If you are a consumer and not a business user, we shall not be liable to you for any business losses and shall only be liable for any losses which are reasonably foreseeable.
If you are a business user, in no event shall we be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss, loss of profit, revenue or goodwill arising from your use of, or inability to use, the Site or information on the Site. Except as provided in these Terms & Conditions, all terms implied by law are excluded.
We may provide hyperlinks from this Site to other internet sites which are operated by other organisations. We are not responsible for external websites that link to this Site or which are linked from it. That we include these hyperlinks does not imply any endorsement of the material on such sites or any association with their operators.
We reserve the right at our discretion to prohibit any link from another internet site to materials or information on this Site. Without prejudice to that right, any link to material or information on this Site for which you are responsible must be neither misleading nor deceptive and must fairly indicate www.freedom2explore.com as the destination of the link.
We accept liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence and responsibility for fraudulent misrepresentation and any other liability caused by us that cannot, under English law, be excluded.
14. Closing Provisions
Any formal legal notices should be sent to us at the address set out below by email and confirmed by post.
Failure by us to enforce a right does not result in waiver of such right. You may not assign or transfer your rights under these Terms & Conditions.
If any part of these Terms & Conditions is found to be unenforceable as a matter of law, all other parts of these Terms & Conditions shall be unaffected and shall remain in force.
You and we agree that English law applies to these Terms & Conditions and that any dispute between us regarding the Site or arising out of or in connection with these Terms & Conditions will only be dealt with by the courts of England and Wales.
15. Contact Information
If you need to contact us at any time, please feel free to contact us at: email@example.com